Class 3 English Book Question Answer is going to provide in this article. The NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) publish the English textbooks of Class 3. The Class 3rd English textbooks have recent year question papers to read and revised syllabus. It’s updated and have latest exam pattern as per the CBSE syllabus.
The Class 3 English books of NCERT are available in PDF so every student has equal chance to download & prepare for better marks. Class 3 English Book Question Answer is updated by the qualified professors who have done in masters in English.
- Download Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- THE MAGIC GARDEN Chapter 1 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- NINA AND THE BABY SPARROW Chapter 2 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- THE ENORMOUS TURNIP Chapter 3 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- A LITTLE FISH STORY Chapter 4 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- A THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY Chapter 5 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- A THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY Chapter 6 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- LITTLE TIGER, BIG TIGER Chapter 7 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- A MY SILLY SISTER Chapter 8 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- HE IS MY BROTHER Chapter 9 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- THE SHIP OF THE DESERT Chapter 10 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
- NCERT Class 3 English Book PDF Solutions
- Class 3 English Book Good Morning Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book Bird Talk Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book LITTLE BY LITTLE Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book SEA SONG Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book THE BALLOON MAN Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book TRAINS Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book PUPPY AND I Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book WHAT’S IN THE MAILBOX Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book PONT TELL Poem Question Answer
- Class 3 English Book HOW CREATURES MOVE Poem Question Answer
Download Class 3 English Book Question Answer
Marigold Class 3 English Book PDF link is free to download with question and answers. The textbook has total 10 chapters with 10 poems. The content of the book is good for class 3rd student also it will improve their grammar and writing skills. They will learn word building, poems, talk time & more. You are able to download the NCERT Class 3 English Book from below. We have also shared step by step Solutions for Class 3 English Chapter wise according to the CBSE pattern.
- Class 3 English NCERT Book PDF Download
- Class 3 English Chapter 1 – Magic Garden
- Class 3 English Chapter 2 – Nina and the baby Sparrows
- Class 3 English Chapter 3 – The Enormous trip
- Class 3 English Chapter 4 – A little Fish story
- Class 3 English Chapter 5 – The Yellow Butterfly
- Class 3 English Chapter 6 – The story of the road
- Class 3 English Chapter 7 – Little Tiger Big Tiger
- Class 3 English Chapter 8 – My Silly Sister
- Class 3 English Chapter 9 – He is my Brother
- Class 3 English Chapter 10 – Ship of the Desert
THE MAGIC GARDEN Chapter 1 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.Why did the flowers love the little children?
Ans. The flowers loved the little children because they (children) watered their thirsty roots and dug the ground very well.
2. Why did the birds love children?
Ans. The birds loved children because they gave them bread.
3. Name five flowers growing in the magic garden.
Ans. Stinflowers, poppies, pansies, marigolds and roses.
4. What sounds could the children hear in the garden?
Ans. The “children could hear the sweet songs of the fairies”.
I like roses Most roses are red.
Some are white.
Some are yellow.
Are there blue roses? ,
I have not seen any blue roses!
5. Which one is your favourite flower? Learn its name in English.
little happily slippery people sleepily
thirsty purple proudly pretty
Activity – Make a Flower Scrap Book
1.Collect five flowers.
2. Put each flower carefully between the pages of an old book.
3. Place some heavy books on top of the old book. Leave it for some days.
4. Stick the pressed flowers carefully in your scrap book.
5. Write the name of each flower.
Ans. Do yourself.
1.Name two words in each petal which you see in a garden.
- Insects – Bee and Butterfly
- Trees – Mango and Guava
- Flowers – Marigold and Rose
- Tools – Grass cutter and Spade
- Birds – Parrot and Maina.
1.Imagine you have a big garden. What would it look like? Draw a picture here.
Ans. Do yourself:
2.What would you like to grow in your garden? Write three sentences giving the names of the flowers that you might like to grow in your garden.
Ans. 1. In my garden I would like to grow white roses.
2. In my garden I would like to grow marigolds.
3. In my garden I would like to grow lilies.
NINA AND THE BABY SPARROW Chapter 2 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
1.Why was there great joy in Nina’s house?
Ans. There was great joy in Nina’s house because Nina’s aunt was getting married and all her family members were going to Delhi to attend the wedding.
2.Why was Nina worried?
Ans. Nina was worried because they were going to Delhi for a wedding and so the house would be locked. It would cause a problem for papa and mama sparrows to feed their babies in Nina’s room.
3. What did mother suggest?
Ans. Mother suggested that they would remove all Nina’s things from the room and lock the door on the outside. Then they would leave her room’s window open to let papa and mama sparrow feed their babies Comfortably.
4.What did Nina find when she came back from the wedding?
Ans. When she came back from the wedding she found two fat little sparrow flying all over the roQm.
1.How do baby sparrows eat?
Ans. Baby sparrows do not eat themselves. The father or mother sparrow put food in their beaks with their own beaks and thus help them eat.
2. What new things would you like to wear for a wedding?
Ans. I would like to wear a beautiful top and jeans with a beautiful high healed sandal.
1. Number the jumbled picture story correctly?
Then write the story in proper order.
Write the story here.
Ans.1.Nina is sad.
2.Mother asks why?
3.Nina does not want to leave the baby sparrows alone.
4.Mother says, “We will leave the window open.” ‘
5.Nina is happy again.
1.Let’s make a Bird
Ans. See NCERT Textbook Page 20 and then try to make a bird.
1.Write down suitable words describing each picture. Pick up the words from the list given below:
beautiful black red happy tall fat
Now describe these pictures in your own language.
- Sonali is a fat woman.
- Red roses are beautiful flowers.
- Sonu is a happy boy.
- I saw a beautiful peacock in the zoo.
- The teacher writes on a black board.
- The tall man is very thin.
THE ENORMOUS TURNIP Chapter 3 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
1.What did the old man plant?
Ans. The old man planted some turnip seeds.
2. Why was it difficult for the old man to pull up the turnip?
Ans. It was difficult for the old man to pull up the turnip because it was very large. ‘
3. Who helped him to pull up the enormous turnip?
Ans. An old woman, a boy and a girl helped him to pull up the enormous turnip.
4. Who ate the enormous turnip?
Ans. All the four, the old man, the old woman, the boy and the girl, ate the enormous turnip.
(i)Name and draw four vegetables that have to be pulled out from the earth. Now name them in your own language.
(ii)Let’s go shopping!
How many vegetables can you find in this maze? Draw a circle around each word. One has been done for you.
Carrot Peas Beans Turnip Tomato Potato
(iii) A Game of Opposites
The entire class can be divided into two groups where one group says one word and the second group says the opposite words.
(i) How do you like to each these vegetables-raw or cooked ? Say why?
(ii) Name four vegetables you ate last week. Write their names here. MW?
Ans. Peas Cauliflower
(iii) Complete these columns.
1.One word in each of the following sets is different than the others. Circle the odd one out.
A LITTLE FISH STORY Chapter 4 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.How many fish are there in the sea?
Ans. There are a great many million fish in the sea.
2. Why was the little fish unhappy?
Ans. The little fish was unhappy because he was very small.
3. What happened to the fish one day?
Ans. One day the fish got caught in a big net while swimming in the sea with his friends.
4. Why was the fish thankful to be a little fish?
Ans. The fish was thankful to be a little fish because he was saved only due to his small size.
1. Imagine you are a little fish. Describe what you might see around you.
Ans. There is a vast expanse of water around me. Also a number of fish, small and big, swim around me. There are several boats sailing on the water. Several fishermen are coming towards us with their big nets.
1.Look at the pattern and fill in the blanks.
Ans.look looked talk talked
pick picked wish wished
bark barked pull pulled
want wanted help helped
2. Fill in the blanks with the right word from the box.
Ans.a box of matches a herd of cows
a sheet of paper a pack of wolves
1.Look at the following sentence.
If I were only larger, how much happier I could he.
Make more sentences like this using the words in the box.
Ans.1.If I were only taller, how much happier I could be.
2.If I were only smaller, how much happier I could be.
3.If I were only thinner, how much happier I could be.
4.If I were only cleverer, how much happier I could be.
5.If I were only younger, how much happier I could be.
6.If I were only older, how much happier I could be.
Singing or Crying?
Mahesh sings a little song.
Venkatesh looks at him.
“Why are you crying, Mahesh?” he asks.
Mahesh says, “I’m not crying.
I’m singing an English song!”
Choose the right words.
1. Mahesh sings a————- (long/little) song.
2. Venkatesh————-(looks/shouts) at him.
3. Venkatesh thinks Mahesh is ————-(crying/laughing).
4. Mahesh is————- (singing/saying) a song.
5. The song is in————-(Telugu/English).
Ans. 1. little 2. looks 3. crying 4. singing 5. English.
A THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY Chapter 5 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.Where did Sonu first see the yellow butterfly?
Ans. Sonu first saw the yellow butterfly flying in his garden.
2. Name three places where the butterfly rested.
Ans. Red rose, lotus leaf and peach tree.
3.Why did Sonu chase the butterfly?
Ans. Sonu chased the butterfly to catch it because it looked very beautiful.
4. Why did Sonu let the butterfly go?
Ans. Sonu let the butterfly go because it looked sad in his hand. As Sonu wanted see it happy he made it free.
1.If you were a butterfly, how would you feel, if you were caught?
Ans. I would definitely feel very sad.
2. Why did the butterfly go to the flowers in the garden?
Ans. The butterfly went to the flowers in the garden to take rest and to suck the nectar from them.
1.Write the sentences in proper order using these words to help you:
1.Finally, I dress up and go to school.
2.Then I brush my teeth and have a bath.
3.First of all, I get out of bed.
4. After this I eat my breakfast.
Ans.1.First of all, I get out of bed.
2.Then I brush my teeth and have a bath.
3.After this I eat my breakfast.
4.Finally, I dress up and go to school.
1.Make two words from one word. One has been done for you.
Ans. everywhere every where
inside in side
outside out side
sunlight sun light
A THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY Chapter 6 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
1. What sounds do you hear on the road in the morning?
Ans. In the morning we hear the sounds of birds, newspaper boy, vegetable man, school going children, etc. on the road.
2. What is the vegetable man selling?
Ans. The vegetable man is selling different types of vegetables such as peas, cauliflowers, potatoes, radishes, carrots, cabbages, etc.
3. Why is the road annoyed with the crow?
Ans. The road is annoyed with the crow because he is waking up the road again and again. But the reality is that the road is already wide awake.
1.Use can and cannot alternatively in the following sentences: ‘can’ and ‘cannot’
Ans.I cannot hear the train whistle.
I can hear the wind blow.
I cannot hear the clock.
I can hear the sound of feet.
I cannot hear the sound of moving of chairs.
I can hear the dogs barking.
1.Look at the picture and write four sentences about what you see.
Ans. 1. I can see a tree.
2.I can see different types of vehicles running on the road.
3.I can see a zebra crossing.
4.I can see a bird.
LITTLE TIGER, BIG TIGER Chapter 7 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
1.Tick the right answer.
(i)Where did the mother tiger and her small tiger cub live?
(a) near a river (b)near a mountain
(c) near a forest (d)near a sea
(ii)What did the mother tiger hunt when the sky was dark?
(a) sheep and goats (b)fish and frogs
(c) deer and pigs (d)donkeys and horses
(iii) What did the tiger cub catch one night?
(a) a deer t (b) a frog
(c) a pig (d) a cat
Ans. (i) (a) near a river iii) (c) deer and pigs
(iii) (b) a frog.
2.What happend to the little tiger cub when he chased the frog?
Ans. A big tiger came close to him when the little tiger cub chased the frog.
(i)Match the animals with their young ones
ii)Word game: Can you place these letters in their right order to form the names of animals?
(iii)The animals/birds in column A have to reach their homes in column B. Find out where they live.
1.Now write six sentences from the above pictures. One has been done for you. A tiger lives in a den.
Ans. 1. A tiger lives in a den. 2. A bee lives in a hive.
3. A duck lives in a pond. 4.A rabbit lives in a burrow.
5. A spider lives in a web. 6.A sparrow lives in a nest.
1.The little tiger cub slipped away when his mother was asleep. He soon got into trouble.’ Tell the class about a similar incident when you did not listen to your parents and found yourself in trouble.
Ans. Once my parents warned me not to touch the burning candle. I didn’t listen to them and touched it. I got my fingers burned. It was a painful experience.
(i)Who am I?
Look at the pictures and read the clues. Then complete this crossword puzzle. The first clue is done for you.
A MY SILLY SISTER Chapter 8 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
1.What does the baby do with the pebbles?
Ans. The baby thinks that the pebbles are real food. She tries to put them in her mouth.
2.What does the baby do with the book?
Ans. The baby tears the pages of the book.
3.When does the baby laugh?
Ans. The baby laughs when her brother scolds her.
4. Why does the washerman bring donkeys?
Ans. The washerman brings donkeys to carry away the dirty clothes on their backs.
1.What is the funniest thing the baby does?
Ans. When her brother shakes his head at her in anger and scolds her, or calls her naughty, she laughs. This is the funniest thing the baby does.
2.Do you think the baby sister is really silly? Why?
Ans. The baby sister is not really silly. She is very small. She does not know what is right and what is wrong.
1.Fill in the blanks to spell words from the story.
2.Write similar words from the story:
Ans.Foolish – sillv
Stones – pebbles
Mischievous – naughty
Fetch – bring
3.Fill in the blanks with words from the box.
Ans. The children are playing in the field. They are happy.
They are playing ‘catch-me-if-you-can.’
The bell has rung. It is time for lessons.
4. Fill in the blanks.
Ans. (i) One child, many children. (ii) One fox, many foxes.
(iii) One duck, many ducks. (iv) One goose, many geese.
5. Add Till’ to make a word.
Ans. (a) The children are playful, (play)
(b)The flowers are beautiful, (beauty)
(c)The books are useful, (use)
(d)The vegetables are plentiful, (plenty)
6. Add ‘ly’ to make a word.
Ans. (a) The new shoes are lovely, (love)
(b)He is really smart, (real)
(c)We should eat slowly, (slow)
(d)Let us sing softly, (soft)
7. Add fish’ to make a new word.
Ans. (a) That girl is always crying. She is childish, (child)
(b) I slipped on a banana peel. I feel foolish, (fool)
(c) My sister is babyish, (baby)
1.Write five sentences on how you help at home.
Ans. I help mother in making her bed.
I help father in washing his clothes.
I also help my brother in arranging his bag. ,
I also help my sister with her studies. I do a lot of small things in the house.
HE IS MY BROTHER Chapter 9 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.Where were the people going?
Ans.The people were climbing a small hill to go to a holy place.
2. What did the man say to Meena?
Ans. The man said to Meena why she was carrying the load of a boy on her back.
3.Why do you think Meena was carrying her brother?
Ans. Meena was carrying her brother because he was unable to walk and loved him.
Choose the correct answer.
1.What went up the hill?
(a)a-path, (b)a street, (c)a road, (d) a rail line
2.What is the name of the girl in the story?
(a) Seema, (b)Beena, (c)Meena, (d) Nina
3.How old was Meena?
(a) Ten, (b)Twelve, (c)Nine, (d) Eight
4.How old was Meena’s brother?
(a) Five, (b)Four, (c)Six, (d) Seven
Ans. 1. (a) a path, 2. (c) Meena, 3. (b) Twelve, 4.(b) Four.
1.Fill in the blanks using the correct given words.
rat sip box rug cot den pit
Ans.1.The boy fell in the pit. 2. I sip hot milk.
3. The kid is in the cat. 4. My toy is in the box.
5. The lion in the den. 6. The cat runs after the rat.
7. I sit on the rug.
2.Fill in the blanks with the opposite of the underlined word given in the sentence
Ans.(i)The rat ran in when the cat ran out.
(ii)The lion is big but the ant is small.
(iii)The giraffe has a long neck but owls are short.
(iv)The sun appears in the dav and the moon at night.
(v) The tea is hot but the water is cold.
(vi) Trees are tall but the bushes are short.
(vii) Ram was sad but Radha was happy.
1.What are the difficulties that a child who can’t see will face?
- He will not be able to play with other children.
- He will face problem in crossing the road.
- He will not be able to watch television.
- He will not be able to work on computer.
2. Would you help a child who can’t walk to school?
Ans. Yes, I would definitely help such a child.
3. How can you help such a child and make the child feel one of you?
Ans. I will give him my support so that he may not feel any problem in reaching the school. I will talk with him like a good friend. I will laugh with him. In this way I will make him feel one of us.
THE SHIP OF THE DESERT Chapter 10 – Class 3 English Book Question Answer
1.Why is the Camel called the Ship of the Desert?
Ans. The Camel is called the Ship of the Desert because it walk across the burning sand very comfortably.
2.For how many weeks can a camel store food in its hump?
Ans. A camel can store food in its hump for two weeks.
3. What does the camel eat in the desert?
Ans. The Camel eats thorny bushes in the desert.
4.Choose the right answer.
(i)Name the Ship of the Desert
(a) lion (b)camel (c) crab (d) tiger
(ii)Name the King of the Forest
(a) lion (b)monkey (c) owl (d) crocodile
(iii)The feet of the camel are
(a) thick and padded (b) thick and fat (c) long and fat (d) thin and padded
(iv)There are no rivers or lakes in
(a) plains (b)plateaus (c)mountains (d)deserts
(v)At a time a camel can drink
(a)200 bottles of water (b) 100 bottles of water (c) 400 bottles of water (d) 300 bottles of water
(vi)A camel stores its food in its
(a)stomach (b)legs (c) hump (d)lips
3.(a) thick and padded
5.(a)200 bottles of water
1.Make as many words as you can from within the given
The first one is done for you.
Ans. ROARING IN RAN ROAR
FROWNING OWN FROWN WING
BLINKING INK BLINK KING
WONDERINGLY WONDER RING WRONG
2.Match the pictures with the words given below:
1.Look at the goats in the pictures and write about them.
Ans.1.Two goats are coming from opposite directions to cross the bridge but only one can cross it at one time.
Ans. 2. Since no one is ready to move back, they start fighting.
Ans. 3. As a result, both of them fall into the river.
1.Read these words aloud, paying attention to their spellings.
i – eye our – hour
week – weak need – knead
in – inn see – sea
no – know here – hear
not – knot eight – ate
of- – off two – too
bye – by
Now make sentences with each word.
- I – eve -1 got my eve checked.
- Our – hour – Our friends will arrive in an hour.
- Week – weak -1 am too weak to visit you within a week.
- In- inn – Travellers are taking rest m the inn.
- See – Sea -1 can clearly see the vast sea from here.
- No – know – No one knows the answer.
NCERT Class 3 English Book PDF Solutions
NCERT Class 3 English Book is compatible with every education board central & state both. This english book is not only for class 3 students also it will help them in many competitive exams. NCERT English Book for Class 3 is approved by CBSE education board.
- Class 3 English NCERT Book PDF Download
- Class 3 English Chapter 1
- Class 3 English Chapter 2
- Class 3 English Chapter 3
- Class 3 English Chapter 4
- Class 3 English Chapter 5
- Class 3 English Chapter 6
- Class 3 English Chapter 7
- Class 3 English Chapter 8
- Class 3 English Chapter 9
- Class 3 English Chapter 10
Class 3 English Book Good Morning Poem Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.Why is the child in the poem happy?
Ans. The child is happy because it is morning and therefore she can talk with the sky, trees, bees, etc.
2. To whom does the child say ‘Good Morning’?
Ans. The child says ‘Good Morning’ to the sky, sun, wind, birds, trees, grass and bees.
3. What does the child want to do?
Ans. The child wants to play out in the company of the sky, wind, birds, etc.
1.In the morning I say, “Good Morning”
At night I say, “Good Night”
A dog says, “Bow-wow”
A cow says, “Moo-moo”
Say ‘Good morning’ in your own language to
(i)your friends (ii) your teacher
Ans. Do it yourself.
2. How would you wish them when you leave school in the evening?
Ans. Do it yourself.
1. Let’s say aloud
Find words in the poem which rhyme with.
Ans. bees trees day awav too you.
2.What do you see around you during the day and at night? Draw in the two boxes given below and colour the picture.
Ans. Do it yourself.
3.write two words each from the two pictures you have drawn.
Ans. Day Night
1. Sun 1. Moon
2. Birds 2. Stars
This is mud.
A big fat worm lives in the mud.
A leaf falls in the mud.
It is the worm’s dinner!
Form groups. Tell each other an interesting thing you have seen in the garden one day.
Ans. Do it yourself.
Class 3 English Book Bird Talk Poem Question Answer
1.Name the two birds in the poem?
Ans. Robin and jay.
2. What are the three things that people can’t do?
Ans. The three things that people can’t do—
(i)They can’t grow feathers.
(ii)They can’t eat beetles.
(iii)They can’t sit on wires.
3. What do birds think of people?
Ans. Birds think that people are funny creatures because they (people) differ from them (birds) in many aspects.
1.Imagine what two elephants would say to each other about people. Let them talk about
— what people look like— what they eat
— how they walk You can say
Look at that man’s nose See how small it is!
- Look at the size of the man.
- He is so small!
- He eats cooked food and that too in such a small quantity.
- He walks on two small and thin legs.
2. Let’s find two things which you can do and the birds can’t do. Tell the class.
- We can read and write but the birds can’t.
- We can think wisely but the birds can’t.
1.Listen to the sounds of the birds. Make a list of these words.
For example: chirp, chirp, chirp.
Ans. twitter, twitter, twitter coo, coo, coo
2.Now write four sentences on birds using the following words.
nest water chirp fly sky wings
- Birds live in nests.
- They have wings to fly.
- They fly high in the sky.
- In the morning they come out of their nests and chirp loudly around them.
- They drink water whenever they feel thirsty.
3.Write words that rhyme with the words given below.
The first one has been done for you.
Grow know throw
day bay say
think blink sink
funny bunnv sunnv
eat meat neat
sing Thing king
Class 3 English Book LITTLE BY LITTLE Poem Question Answer
1.Name the tree that the acron grows into.
Ans. Oak tree.
2.What things does a seed need to grow?
Ans. A seed needs soil, moisture, air and sunlight to grow.
3.How many describing words can you find in the poem?
Ans. We can find the following describing words in the poem.
1.Look at the two pictures. Find four things that are different about these trees and talk about them.
Ans. Four things that are different about these trees: ,
(I) Tree ‘A’ is happy while tree ‘B’ is sad.
(ii) Tree ‘A’is getting everything that it needs to grow properly while tree ‘B’ is not getting these things.
(iii) Tree ‘A’ is able to give us several useful things as shown in Picture 1 while
tree ‘B’ is not able to give us anything.
(iv)One can breathe fresh air under tree ‘A’ but not under tree ‘B’
1.Look at Picture 1. Write three sentences on what the trees give us.
Ans. (i) The trees give us fresh air to breathe.
(ii)They give us fruits and vegetables.
(iii)They give us valuable timber.
2.Now look at Picture 2. Write three sentences on how we harm the trees.
Ans. (i) We cut wood from trees for our needs.
(ii)We cause pollution by destroying trees.
(iii)We force birds and animals to go away by cutting trees.
3.These words describe parts of a tree. Write them in the given space.
Ans. stem – It helps the tree to stand upright.
bark – Outer covering (brown coloured) of a tree.
leaves – Green leaves prepare food for the tree.
branch -An arm-like part of a tree that bear leaves.
twigs – Small shoots growing from a branch or stem.
root – Part of a plant or tree that grows into the earth.
shoot – A young branch or new growth of a plant.
4. Match the opposites. One has been done for you.
- downward — upward
- slowly — fast
- little — big
- slender — fat
- mighty — weak
- day — night
Class 3 English Book SEA SONG Poem Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.Where did the child find the sea shell?
Ans. The child found the sea shell lying on the sand.
2. What did the child do with the shell?
Ans. The child picked up the shell and took it home.
3.What did the child hear?
Ans. The child heard a soft and sweet song.
(i) Pick the rhyming words from this box and pair them in the spaces below. The first one has been done for you.
Ans. 1. found 2. look 3. cold 4. hand 5. mummy
sound took bold sand tummy
(ii)Fill in the blanks with the opposite word choosing from the box below. The first one is done for you.
Ans.found lost took gave
hard soft big small
inside outside came went
pick drop cold hot
true false sweet bitter
curly straight tall short
The Sea is Big
The sea is big.
It is very, very big.
You cannot see the other side of the sea.
You can cross the sea in a ship
But you must go for many, many days.
Choose the right words.
1.The sea is very, very (big/far).
2.You cannot (hear/see) the other side.
3.You (can/cannot) cross the sea.
4. You can cross it in a (bus/ship).
Ans. 1. big 2. sea 3. can 4. ship
Read the following.
Birds sing. Cows moo.
Phones ring. Cocks crow.
People talk. Bees buzz.
Dogs bark. Children hush!
Match the phrases with the picture.
Class 3 English Book THE BALLOON MAN Poem Question Answer
Reading is Fun
1.Where does the balloon man stand?
Ans. The balloon man stands at the market square.
2. What happens to the balloons when there is a wind?
Ans. When there is a wind the balloon tug a lot.
3. What does the child like to see the balloon man do?
Ans. The child likes to see the balloon man setting all the balloons free in the sky. He wants to see them sailing high in the sky.
1.How high can balloons fly?
Ans. Balloons can fly quite high up in the sky depending upon the gas in them.
2. What do you like about this poem?
Ans. The child is wishing to see all the balloons sailing in the sky. I like this very much.
(i) Identify the words from the jumbled letters and write the word in the space provided.
Ans. llaboons balloons cunlh lunch
ulbe blue ploeep people
wolbe below crat cart
(ii)Put the words given in the box in the following groups.
Ans.(a)nature wind, skv. grass
(b) food turnip, pineapple, rice ‘
(c) colours green, purple, white, yellow
(iii)How many colours can you find hidden in the maze? Write their names below.
Ans. 1. white 2. black 3. violet 4. orange 5. purple
6. yellow 7. pink 8. blue 9. red 10. brown.
(iv)Fill in the blanks in the balloons with their opposites. You can find them in the poem The Balloon Man. One is done for you.
Ans. • never – always • small – big
•rainy – sunny • low – high
•sit – stand • near – far
Class 3 English Book TRAINS Poem Question Answer
1.Where do the trains run?
Ans. The trains run through the mountains, plains and rivers.
2.What are the ‘precious loads’ that they carry?
Ans. They carry our luggage, important papers, letters, parcels etc.
3.When do the trains run?
Ans. The trains run from morning to evening, from day and night.
4. What is ‘dusk’ and ‘dawn’?
Ans. ‘Dusk’ is the time when the sun is going to set. ‘Dawn’ is the time when we see the first light of the day.
1.Do you enjoy train rides?
Ans. Yes, I always enjoy train rides.
2. If you have to travel over a long distance, how would you like to go and why?
Ans. If I have to travel over a long distance, I would like to go by train because it is easily affordable and also very safe.
3. If you had to spend the night on a train, what would you need to take with you?
Ans. If I had to spend the night on a train, I would take food and water, bedsheet, pillow, comb, brush and tooth paste, towel and some medicines.
Describe an interesting train or bus journey you have taken, or would like to take. Write four sentences about your journey. You can use some of the following words and phrases.
many people crowded tea stalls
station/bus station river
window big and small trees
ticket loud whistle
Example: I went to the railway station with my father to go to Haridwar.
There were many people at the railway station.
My father took the tickets from the crowded ticket window.
I took the window seat. The train started with a loud whistle. It soon took speed. I saw hills, rivers, big and small trees through the window.
(i) Sort out these different means of transport into correct groups. One is done for you.
Ans. Land Air Water
Bus Aeroplane Ship
Car Helicopter Boat
(ii) Complete the sentences.
1.Give me some————-to eat. (food/clothes)
3.Swim across———-(the river/the boat)
4.Let’s get on the———–(train/dawn).
Ans. 1. food 2. me 3. the river 4. train
Class 3 English Book PUPPY AND I Poem Question Answer
1.Who’is the ‘I’ in the poem?
Ans. ‘I’ in the poem is a little boy.
2.Where was the Man going?
Ans. The Man was going to the village to get some bread.
3.Why didn’t the child go with the Horse?
Ans. The child did not go with the Horse because he found him busy in his own work.
4. Why did the child go with the Puppy?
Ans. The child went with the Puppy because he (Puppy) was going to the hills to roll and play and the child wanted to play.
1.Do you have a pet?
Ans. Yes, I have a pet dog.
2. Talk about three things that you and your pet do together.
- We go for morning walks together.
- We play together in the evening.
- We sit together on sofa and see TV.
3. How do you look after your pet? Tell the class first in your own language, and then in English.
Ans. I have a pet dog. His name is Tufty. I bathe daily. I feed him on time. I make his bed and take care of his cleanliness. I play with him in the evening. I love him very much.
1.Look at the dogs in the picture and write about them.
- Bull Dog. It is a short strong dog. It has a large head. Its nose is short and flat. It has a short thick neck.
- Boxer. It is a large dog with smooth hair. Its nose is short and flat. It has a tail that has usually been cut very short.
- German Shepherd. It is a large dog. It is often trained to help the police and to guard buildings.
- Doberman. It is a large dog with short, dark hair. It is often used to guard buildings.
1.Match the animals with their sounds,
a horse trumpets
a dog bleats
a sheep neighs
a cat roars
an elephant moos
a tiger barks
a cow mews
- a horse neighs
- a sheep bleats
- an elephant trumpets
- a cow moos
- a dog barks
- a cat mews
- a tiger roars
2. List these animals under domestic animals and wild animals.
3.Fill in the blanks with rhyming words.
Hill pill kill
Hay day ray
Fine shine line
Get pet jet
Going showing doing
Bruno is my pet puppy.
He breaks his dish.
He is sad.
Daddy gives him milk.
But Bruno is sad.
Mummy gives him a new dish.
Now Bruno is happy. ‘
Choose the right words.
1.Bruno is my . (pet/dish)
2.He breaks his . (dish/fish)
3.Daddy gives him . (water/milk)
4.Mummy gives him a new————– . (fish/dish)
5.Bruno is now———– . (sad/happy)
Ans. 1.pet 2.dish 3. milk 4.dish 5. happy.
Class 3 English Book WHAT’S IN THE MAILBOX Poem Question Answer
1.Who does the postman bring letters for?
Ans. The postman brings letters for the child’s mother or father.
2.Does the child ever get a letter?
Ans. No, the child never gets any letter.
3.What does the child decide to do?
Ans. The child decides to write letters to his friends.
1.Have you written letters?
Ans. Yes, I have written letters.
2. Who have you written to?
Ans. I have written letters to my uncle and cousins.
3. Who would you like to write to today? Why?
Ans. Today I would like to write to one of my friends. His name is Abhay. I want to write to him because today is his birthday.
Read this letter carefully
Devu has written a letter to his grandfather thanking him for a birthday gift.
H.No. 1792, Darya Ganj New Delhi 110 007
25 January 2006 Dear Grandfather
Thank you for the beautiful book of Panchatantra stories.
You will be happy to know that 1 read one story every day.
With love Devu
1.Now write a letter to your friend, telling her about your school. You can use some of these words:
Ans.Flat No. 3A Sector 2
Uttar Pradesh-201010 10 February 2012 Dear Sunanda
I am going to tell you about my school. The name of my school is D.A.V. Public School. My school has a big building. There are several classrooms in it. About one thousand children study in this school. Each classroom has a big blackboard. The teachers write on it. The peon rings the bell. My school is very popular in my locality.
Class 3 English Book PONT TELL Poem Question Answer
1.How old is the speaker?
Ans. The speaker is a young child.
2. Who are ‘they’ and ‘them’ in the poem?
Ans. ‘They’ and ‘them’ are the parents of the child or grown-up people.
3. What is the secret the speaker is hiding?
Ans. He is a giant from inside.
1.Think of three things that ‘they’ won’t let you do.
Ans. •The three things that ‘the/ won’t let me do are:
•They won’t allow me to go to market alone.
•They won’t allow me to handle electric appliances.
•They won’t allow me to bum gas stove.
2.What are the things you’d like to do when you are grown-up that you can’t do now?
Ans. Handling electric appliances, driving bikes or cars, travelling alone, washing my clothes, using mobile phone, surfing etc.
1. Using the letters of the given word, make three words.
One is done for you.blackboard mother vegetable thousand helicopter
Ans.black other get sand help
board her table and pilot
back moth able hand pet
2.Look at these words in the poem.
Don’t I’m I’ll
Here are their full forms:
Don’t – Do not I’m -1 am I’ll -1 will
(i)Now write the full forms of the following words.
Ans.Can’t Cannot It’s It is Isn’t Is not
What’s What is That’s That is
(ii)Make sentences using the following.
He’s She’s You’re We’re
- He’s – He’s my brother.
- She’s – She’s writing a letter.
- You’re – You’re going to play.
- We’re – We’re going to school.
(iii)Now write about two things you’ll do when you grow up.
You can begin like this:
- When I grow up 111 drive mv car.
- When I grow up I’ll travel alone.
1.giant goose jam grey gym
gold June gum
Choose and tick the words with a J’ sound
(a) January goose gem jam
(b) jacket giraffe grow July
(c) giant grapes grey June
Ans.(a) January, gem, jam
(b) jacket, giraffe, July
(c) giant, June
Class 3 English Book HOW CREATURES MOVE Poem Question Answer
1.Underline all the action words in the poem.
Ans.The action words in the poem are:
• walks • wiggles • have
• leaps • swings • leap
• crawl • hop • dance
• dive • spread • walk
• swim • sail • run
1.Why do boys and girls have the most fun?
Ans. Boys and girls have the most fun because they can do several activities such as leaping, dancing, walking and running.
1.Match the words in Column A with those in Column B.
2.Now make sentences of your own using the matching words.
Example: The seals dive into the icy water.
- The lions walk proudly in the jungle.
- The squirrels leap around the banyan tree.
- The flies crawl on the wall.
- The worms wiggle on the ground.
- The monkeys swing on the branches of the tree.
- The birds hop on the ground.
3.Arrange these movement words from slow to fast.
run walk hop crawl
Ans. crawl, walk, hop, run.
4. Underline the letters which are silent in the following words:
walk straight more caught calm talk
Ans. walk straight more caught calm talk
Students do not have to pay anything for downloading or sharing the study materials. It is free of cost for everyone so do share with your friends on whatsapp, telegram, & facebook groups. We will share more about NCERT so stay in touch with us. If you find Class 3 English Book Question Answer worth it then Join our Telegram Group for regular updates about free books, pdfs, syllabus, solve papers & more.