Many beneficial schemes are being run by the Central Government and the State Government with the aim of increasing the income of the farmers. In this sequence, the Krishak Bandhu Scheme has been implemented again in West Bengal. In today’s article, we will share various details about WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme such as eligibility criteria, application process, process to check beneficiary list, process to check application form status, benefits, features, and all schemes Other related details. So read the article till the end to get complete information.
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme Relaunched
- Doubling Of Financial Assistance To Small And Marginal Farmers
- Key Highlights of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- Objective Of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- Smallholding farmers have also been included in the scheme
- Rs 290 crore released for Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- Features and Benefits of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- When is the installment payment done in Krishak Bandhu Scheme?
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Required Documents for Death Benefit Claim
- Registration Process Of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- How to Login On The Portal
- Registered Farmer Information
- Important Links
- Helpline Number
Krishak Bandhu Scheme Relaunched
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has launched WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme in 2018 to provide financial assistance to farmers. This scheme has been started by the Chief Minister of Bengal, Mamta Banerjee for the farmers after coming to power once again. This time the farmers will get double benefit from this scheme. Earlier under this scheme, farmers were given 5 thousand rupees per acre, but now financial assistance of double 10 thousand rupees will be given. More than 75 lakh farmers of the state will get the benefit of this scheme.
Doubling Of Financial Assistance To Small And Marginal Farmers
Through the WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme, the incentive amount given to small and marginal farmers will be doubled. Under this scheme, farmers who have less than 1 acre of cultivable land will get Rs 4000 per annum instead of Rs 2,000 on a pro-rata basis. Apart from this, if a farmer dies within the age limit of 60 years, then his family members will be provided a death benefit of Rs 200000. Krishak Bandhu Scheme started in 2018 and till February 2021, 1500 crores has been spent for the implementation of this scheme.
Key Highlights of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Krishak Bandhu Scheme|
|Launched By||Mamta Banerjee|
|Objective||Providing Financial Assistance to Farmers|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers in West Bengal|
|Announced on||1 January 2019|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Objective Of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
The main objective of implementing the WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the farmers. Under this scheme, farmers are given an assistance of Rs 5000 per acre. This amount is given twice a year in two installments. Under the scheme, along with financial assistance, an insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh will also be given to the beneficiaries. With the help of financial assistance and insurance cover given under the WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme, farmers will become self-dependent, and this will also increase the income of farmers.
I am happy to announce that GoWB is relaunching the #KrishakBandhu Scheme by doubling the annual financial support for all farmers & share-croppers.
Farmers will now receive an increased financial support from ₹5,000 to ₹10,000 for one acre or more of cultivable land. (1/2)
— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) June 17, 2021
Smallholding farmers have also been included in the scheme
According to information received from the media, in a press conference held recently, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said that our (Krishak Bandhu) scheme is far more inclusive than the central scheme (PM-Kisan scheme). Smallholder farmers are not included in the central project. We think about every section of the farming community
Rs 290 crore released for Krishak Bandhu Scheme
The Chief Minister said that his government has released Rs 290 crore to 9.78 lakh farmers for providing assistance under Krishak Bandhu Scheme. He claimed that West Bengal is an exception compared to many other parts of the country where farmers die regularly and farmers have to agitate on the streets for more than six months. Mamta said that her government has so far spent a huge amount on insurance premiums for farmers. He said that after the death of a farmer, we give 2 lakh rupees to the family.
Features and Benefits of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- Under this scheme, financial assistance of Rs 2 lakh is provided to the farmers in the form of life insurance cover.
- Under this scheme, the benefit of social security up to Rs 2 lakh is provided to the farmer family, Irrespective of the cause of death.
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme is completely state government scheme. Because 80 percent of the premium amount of this scheme is given by the state government, only the remaining 20 percent amount is given by the central government.
- This scheme also provides the benefit of assured income to the farmers.
- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 5000 per acre is sent annually in 2 installments to the farmers’ accounts.
- WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme is a very big scheme. This is the reason that more than 75 lakh farmers of the state are covered under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary farmers don’t have to pay the premium amount. The entire premium is deposited by the state government only.
When is the installment payment done in Krishak Bandhu Scheme?
Farmers having one or more than one acre of land will be given Rs 5000 in two installments for both Rabi and Kharif seasons. The first installment will be provided in the month of June and the second installment will be given in the month of November. Along with this, minimum assistance will be given to the farmers, which will be provided on a pro-rata basis of Rs.2000 per annum.
Krishak Bandhu Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Applicant farmer age should be between 18 to 60 years.
- Under this scheme, both the agricultural laborers and farmers of the state will be considered eligible.
Required Documents for Death Benefit Claim
- ID Proof Attested Copy
- Voter Card,
- Aadhar Card,
- Driving License,
- Pan Card,
- Passport etc.
- Death Certificate Attested Copy
- Krishak Bandhu Card Attested Copy
- Self-Declaration of Applicant Attested Copy
- ROR Attested Copy
- Legal/ natural guardian declaration in case of minor claimant
Registration Process Of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
Interested candidates who want to apply to Krishak Bandhu Scheme, should follow the steps given below:-
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Krishak Bandhu.
- After opening the website, you will see the option of “Department of Agriculture” on the home page. Click on it.
- After clicking on the option the next page will open.
- If you are already registered on the portal then you will be logged in.
- Click on the link “Sign Up” to register yourself.
- After clicking on the link “Registration Form” will open.
- Now enter all the information asked in the form like Department, Role, District, Email Address, Password, Name, Mobile No., Designation, and click on the “Submit” button.
- After successful registration, you have to login to the portal.
- After login, you have to click on the option of Krishak Bandhu Scheme.
- Now the registration form will open in front of you.
- Enter all the information asked in the form and attach the required documents.
- Now you have to enter the captcha code and click on the “Submit” button.
- In this way, your application will be successfully applied in Krishak Bandhu Scheme.
How to Login On The Portal
- First visit to the official website of Krishak Bandhu Scheme.
- After opening the official website click on the “Department of Agriculture” option.
- Now the login page will open.
- Enter User Name and Password and click on the “Login” button.
- Thus you can successfully login into the portal.
Registered Farmer Information
- First, go to the official website.
- After opening the official website, on the home page, you will see the option “Registered Farmer Information”, click on it.
- After clicking on the option the next page will open.
- On this page, enter the Voter ID Number and click on the “Search” button.
- Now the relevant information will appear on your computer screen.